Top 5 Most Insane Chocolate Chip Cookies
5) Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Warning : do not take this cookie if you want to go to sleep because the espresso does not help. Other than that, it is absolutely divine.
4) Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just when you thought that you would lose flavor, think again.
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line baking sheet(s)with parchment paper
- In a bowl of standing mixer or large bowl with hand held mixer , mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt on low. Stir in the egg whites with a stand or hand mixer until the batter is well mixed. Stir in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips by hand. The batter will look weird. Don't worry about it.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon blob batter onto the baking trays, about an inch apart. They will spread a bit.
- Bake until the cookies are cracking on the surface, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for ten minutes on the trays then carefully remove to cooling rack.
- These will keep in covered container for three days but you'll never keep them that long.
3) Triple Chocolate Madness Cookies
This delicacy was the stuff of dreams in each and everyone’s childhood. Mouthwatering.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks mixed: bittersweet, milk, white
- Over a double boiler melt the unsweetened chocolate, butter and 1 cup semisweet chocolate.
- Ribbon together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Let rest for a few minutes to firm up.
- Scoop into desired sizes and bake at 325 for about 5 minutes allowing the center of the cookie to remain slightly soft.
- For total insanity sprinkle the warm cookies with a pinch of fleur de sel.